Saturday, October 2, 2010

Memory Walk


In the late spring/early summer Kristal asked me to join her Memory Walk team, to help raise awareness and money to end alzheimer's.  Kristal's grandmother suffered from alzheimer's for 16 years, I can not imagine walking into either of my grandmothers homes and them not knowing me.  I am so blessed to have wonderful grandmothers and to have been able to spend so much time with them both. 

I set up my Memory Walk web page, typed up letters on purple paper and mailed out my request to family and friends to help support me in the MOVE to end Alzheimer's.  I raised $655, and I am so thankful to everyone who donated.  The San Antonio Memory Walk has raised over $200,000 to help end Alzheimer's.

October 2, 2010 was a beautiful day to take a walk.  The morning temperature was a wonderful 66', it was nice and cool with a breeze.  The Memory Walk was a mile and half through Brackenridge Park, the opening cermony introduced the top fundraisers and the current San Antonio mayor, Julian Castro.  Bruce Bowen served as the special guest speaker, his father suffered from Alzheimer's.
Bruce Bowen (San Antonio Spurs)

Dianne Walker, Linda Upchurch, Kristal Upchurch

Dianne Walker and Kristal Upchurch

No comments: