Sunday, October 24, 2010

Grandma's New Crib :-)

Grandma has been released from the rehab center she was at and has moved into an apartment in a retirement center.  She really seems to be adjusting well, and has been to play bingo and the group exercise session.  Although she has said that the group exercise you throw random balls at the person across from you in the circle, she really seems to enjoy it. 

Michelle and I decided that a a birthday/house warming gift to give Grandma a new bed set.  So off we went shopping (that was so hard for both of us to do).  We knew that she did not want anything big and bulky so off we went in search of the perfect new bed set for Grandma.

We both just loved this with the combination of different colors and patterns.  We did a dark brown bed skirt and several decorative smaller pillows.  Well let me just tell you, Grandma said "with all of these pillows where am I supposed to lay, on the floor?"  Yes Grandma at 91 years old I would like for you to take your rest time on a mat on the floor.  So I told her that she would not hurt my feelings and if she did not want "all" of the pillows, I would just take them back.  So the above picture is the finished product (without the extra decorative pillows), and she seems to like it all. 


Every great thing I know, like the fact that I know my horns hold up my halo, I learned from Grandma.  Love ya lots!

No comments: