Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Time with Grandma Benignus

A week ago my precious grandma fell, we had just left her house and she had walked to the door to see everyone off.  She said that as she was going back to sit down her walker just came out from under her.  Grandma had my mother call an ambulance to take her to the hospital, but not before showering.  After she was admitted to the hospital they did x-rays and determined that she had fractured her pelvis.  Unfortunately this meant that she had to spend her 91st birthday in the hospital.  Grandma has now moved to a rehabilitation center and is doing physical therapy.  I went by to see Grandma on Sunday, one week after her little tumble and we took these great pictures




She has her good days and bad days, I went back to visit her on Tuesday before I leave town.  She was in her therapy when I got there, so I hung out and then walked back to her room with her.  She seemed to be in much better spirits today.  She has at least 20 days of rehab before she will be able to move into an assisted living.  I have so many wonderful memories of growing up with my grandma.....and I just love her so much.

No comments: